Entrenched politicians have controlled Illinois for decades. They’ve rigged the political system to benefit themselves and their special interests. And they’ve prospered while taxpayers, like you, suffer.
But the Illinois Policy Institute is changing that. We’re giving taxpayers a voice in Springfield.
In fact, our partner advocacy organization, Illinois Policy, directed more than 50,000 calls and emails to lawmaker offices in 2018. When describing our work, one political journalist put it this way:
“The [Illinois Policy Institute] has shown an ability to drive the debate and influence action in the Illinois Legislature, including whipping opposition to key votes.”
But we can’t rest now.
We must build on this momentum as we look to the New Year – and you are key to this effort.
RENEW YOUR ILLINOIS POLICY INSTITUTE MEMBERSHIP TODAY
Free enterprise and individual liberty create the conditions needed to unleash human potential. That’s what we fight for every day. The Illinois Policy Institute strives to make Illinois a place where people can raise their families, start and grow their businesses, and pursue their version of the American dream.
As we look toward 2019, we need your help to advance pro-growth reforms in Illinois. With your support, together we can:
- Educate government workers about their newly restored right to opt out of their union following the landmark U.S. Supreme Court case, Janus v. AFSCME
- Push for the reforms needed to solve Illinois’ public pension crisis and reduce the property tax burden that is crushing homeowners and small businesses
- Advance commonsense budget reforms such as a spending cap and a true balanced budget amendment
- Fight to protect our state’s fair, flat income tax
- Improve Illinois’ economy and grow jobs by reducing the cost of business in Illinois
And as an Illinois Policy Institute member, you’ll be eligible to receive exclusive benefits throughout the year. You’ll receive:
- Our quarterly 1818 magazine, which is filled with original content on Illinois’ most pressing issues.
- Complimentary access to Illinois Policy Institute events, including our annual Gifts of the Free Market celebration.
You can make your tax-deductible gift by using the secure form below.