The Illinois Policy Institute seeks an Accounting Associate to join its accounting team. This position is based in Chicago.
The Institute is the state’s largest government watchdog. We are on the front lines of policy fights, defending taxpayers against tax increases and unbalanced budgets, and developing and proposing liberty-based and free market solutions to Illinois’ many problems. The Institute is the leading voice for reform across Illinois. We’re seeking a liberty-minded, energetic accounting professional to support those efforts.
The Accounting Associate is an entry-level position designed to get you trained up to a staff accountant’s skill level in two years through exposure to all aspects of accounting. You’ll build a solid foundation mastering the transactional side of accounting and develop new skills over time as your efficiency and knowledge grow.
Responsibilities will initially include:
- Processing vendor billings, check requests and expense reports for payment
- Enforcing procurement policies and procedures
- Processing bank deposits in QuickBooks and preparing donor reports
- Account reconciliation and ad-hoc reporting
- Minimum 2-year Associate-level degree in accounting from an accredited university
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks software (online or desktop)
- Solid foundation in MS-Excel and other Microsoft products
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An innate curiosity and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Strong commitment to the principles of personal responsibility and free enterprise
This is a non-exempt, full-time position.
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to Cinda Pensabene (email@example.com):
- Resume and salary expectations.
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of the organization
- Professional references.
No phone calls, please.