Illinois Policy Institute is seeking a campaign manager to oversee contact with Illinois residents, on a one-on-one basis, to assess political attitudes and informational needs. Initial responsibilities will include assisting with the development and implementation of a comprehensive informational campaign. This is a full-time position and will be based, preferably, in Chicago, IL or Springfield, IL but that may be negotiable.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive informational campaign
- Develop, in coordination with IPI Staff Attorney, a job description and training manual for canvassers
- Hire and train canvassers
- Manage the implementation, tracking and measurement of informational campaign, and use that information to plan subsequent campaigns
- Ensure that IPI’s brand and identity are properly adhered to in campaigns
- Assist as needed with IPI’s broader projects
- Participate in related IPI meetings
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or other related field
- 3-5 years of experience managing issue campaigns, political campaigns/canvassing or other relevant projects
- Demonstrated communication and management skills
- Basic knowledge of the legal/political landscape in Illinois
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to Cinda Pensabene (E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position, the mission of the organization, and your salary requirements
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.