The Illinois Policy Institute is seeking a team member to help promote original research from the state’s strongest taxpayer advocate.
Goal: By taking on daily communication tasks and joining in strategic team discussions, the communications intern will gain understanding of how to leverage the media side of the political vise.
Job duties will include:
- Writing press releases on new policy research
- Pitching media
- Updating or creating talking points
- Assisting with media metrics
- Assist in the creation of video projects
- Vet potential story leads or “heroes” and then interview them (over the phone or in person)
- Collaborate with the team in problem-solving and strategic discussions
Qualified applicants will:
- Be interested in news media or enjoy following along with the media cycle
- Have excellent writing and editing skills, and/or excellent video editing skills.
- Serve as a pro-active thinker, engaged team member and be willing to learn quickly and on the go
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.