Illinois Policy is seeking an individual to fill the new role of Director of Community Engagement. This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Transform our highly engaged online audience – especially our most engaged activists, the Lincoln Lobby – into an effective, in-person advocacy organization
- Interact with policymakers throughout Illinois
- Develop and execute a formal program to train Lincoln Lobby members to become effective policy advocates in their communities and in Springfield
- Coordinate and facilitate engaging, in-person events throughout Illinois with our activist community
- Coordinate and facilitate advocacy organizational meetings
- Develop and execute a roadmap to increasing voter turnout in Illinois in partnership with Lincoln Lobby volunteers
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Six years of political campaign or grassroot organizational experience
- Experience in social media engagement
- Experience in event planning
- Proficiency in Salesforce, political data systems, Mailchimp, and Eventbrite preferred
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Proactive, but flexible and adaptable, mindset
- A dependable and friendly demeanor
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health (company-paid medical), vacation and sick days. Flexible work environment and schedule.
Based in Chicago or Springfield office. Travel required as necessary.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials to Cinda Pensabene (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position.
- Your salary requirements.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.