The Illinois Policy Institute seeks a donor relations manager to join its development team. This full-time position operates from the Institute’s Chicago office. The position is available immediately.
We are seeking a dynamic individual who can help expand our base of major gift supporters. The donor relations manager makes first-time connections with individuals about the power of our vision to transform Illinois into a beacon of prosperity. The individual is responsible for creating great giving experiences for our new donors and reports to the Institute’s director of external relations.
- Making outbound calls to prospective major gift supporters to determine if they are interested in the Illinois Policy Institute – and if so, secure meetings with our external relations officers and Institute leadership.
- Using research to develop and coordinate outreach to prospective Illinois Policy Institute supporters
- Partnering with the external relations manager to identify new, prospective donors
- Planning and executing donor events
- Participating in the development of an annual fundraising plan
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Sales oriented approach to connecting with individuals through email and the telephone.
- Bachelor’s degree. English, political science, marketing or communications preferred
- Experience with personal sales and fundraising is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with marketing and sales platforms. Experience with Salesforce is highly desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially on the telephone.
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong commitment to the principles of free enterprise
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to Cinda Pensabene at email@example.com:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position, relevant training and experience, and salary requirements
- 3 professional references with contact information for each
- Date available for work
Illinois Policy Institute is an independent organization generating public policy solutions aimed at promoting personal freedom and prosperity in Illinois. We believe Illinois should be a place where people of all talents, interests and cultural backgrounds can succeed with hard work and ingenuity. We want families to feel confident in planting their roots in Illinois soil. We want to live in a state where communities flourish and good opportunities abound.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.