The Intern would assist in data collection and entry-level data analysis. You will work closely with our Research Associates on a variety of problems. You will assist various people throughout the organization gain access to various datasets, analyzing, and visualizing them.
Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelors level education with a focus on economics, econometrics, statistics or mathematics
- Exposure to data analysis software R/SAS/STATA (or willingness to learn them)
- Excel proficiency required
- Strong analytics, attention to detail, as well as the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest towards learning about new technologies and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and oral and written communication skills are also required.
- Strong desire to learn and to apply new skills to address but not limited to policy issues
- Good Knowledge of Analytical Tools
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and strong work ethics
- Possess a positive attitude, as well as the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses excellent communication and presentation skills
- Possesses excellent creative and analytical skills
- Organized in carrying out the responsibilities, possess strong time management skills and should be high on focus
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to Cinda Pensabene at email@example.com:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position, relevant training and experience
- A writing sample
- An answer to the question, in 600 words:
- “Illinois has the second highest property taxes in the nation. In order to provide property tax relief, politicians have mentioned the idea of replacing local property tax revenues with funds raised at the state level with higher income taxes. Is this a good idea? why? why not?”
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.