The Illinois Policy Institute is seeking a team member to help create original content from the state’s strongest taxpayer advocate.
Goal: The editorial intern supports the Illinois Policy Institute communications team in its mission to advance freedom and prosperity in Illinois through storytelling and content creation that illustrates the Institute’s values.
Job duties will include:
- Finding people who are facing challenges related to government policies and institutions
- Interviewing and writing stories about those people, the problems and solutions
- Making open records requests and analyzing the resulting data
- Researching topics and finding sources to add context to that data
- Helping to rewrite and copy edit work from members of other teams
- Collaborating with the team in problem solving and strategic discussions
Qualified applicants will:
- Be interested in public policy, liberty principles and their impacts on people
- Have excellent writing and editing skills, and excellent photography and video creation skills.
- Hold or be working to obtain a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, media studies or similar.
- Serve as a proactive thinker, engaged team member and be willing to learn quickly and on the go.
This position will begin this summer in June 2021.
To apply: Submit a résumé, cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position and in working for the Illinois Policy Institute, and any writing samples to Bobby Fortune at email@example.com