Illinois Policy currently hosts several annual events but wants to increase the quantity and quality of its events. The ideal candidate for this role will be entrepreneurial in their approach and come into the role with a creative and proactive mindset, identifying opportunities to leverage the Institute’s growing network of stakeholders to advance the organization’s mission and goals.
- Collaborate with event leads to develop event strategy, key objectives, and measurable goals for events
- Align logistics and resource use with event objectives
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop branding, marketing, and outreach strategies
- Collaborate with the Media team on messaging for the event and for any speakers involved in the events
- Ensure all events accurately represent the Institute’s tone, messaging, and overall vision
- Collaborate with staff members to identify event opportunities that would advance the goals of the organization
- Draft and pitch proposals for event ideas
- Receive and internally communicate external speaking engagements
- Oversee the execution of logistics preparations, event follow through, and event follow up/feedback
- Prepare internal and external event agendas
- Ensure proper communication to internal leads about their roles and responsibilities at events
- Document key opportunities and lessons learned
- Develop and maintain relationships with key vendors
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-5 years of experience
- The ability to attend and execute events outside of normal working hours
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- A strong ability to prioritize
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proactive, but flexible and adaptable, mindset
A nonpartisan, nonprofit research organization, the Illinois Policy Institute’s mission is to transform liberty principles into marketable policies that become law. The Institute’s vision is for Illinois to be a beacon of prosperity that will shine across the Midwest and the nation. To achieve these goals, the Institute generates practical policy solutions to unleash Illinois’ talent and entrepreneurial ability.
Success at the Illinois Policy Institute requires more than professional ambition or a particular skill set. It requires sophisticated emotional intelligence and the ability to operate within a culture of mutual support and high expectations. Here are some of the primary beliefs we live out in our work:
- We are motivated by personal pride more so than recognition, remuneration, titles or other rewards. All of these are good, but they are not the most important motivator.
- We are self-accountable. We are honest about our strengths, weaknesses and actual performance.
- We are curious. This fuels our innovation, creativity and service to others.
- We are tolerant of others’ personality quirks and idiosyncrasies. We all have them.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the work Illinois Policy Institute is doing to improve the lives of Illinoisans and excited to advance the organization’s work through establishing a regular cadence of events to engage the organization’s stakeholders.
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health (company-paid medical), vacation and sick days. Flexible work environment and schedule.
The Events Manager will work from our Chicago office.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials to Cinda Pensabene (email@example.com):
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position: Explain why event planning is a passion of yours.
- A compelling case about why the mission of Illinois Policy resonates with you.
- Your salary requirements.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.