The Illinois Policy Institute seeks an external relations representative to join its development team. This full-time position operates from the Institute’s Chicago office. The position is available immediately.
The external relations representative is responsible for creating great giving experiences for our donors and keeping them informed about the impact of our work. This position reports to the Institute’s director of external relations.
- Using research to develop and coordinate communications for current and prospective Illinois Policy Institute supporters
- Drafting correspondence and coordinating relationships among a select list of donors
- Partnering with the external relations manager to identify new, prospective donors
- Planning and executing donor events
- Participating in the development of an annual fundraising plan
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree. English, political science, marketing or communications preferred
- Familiarity with marketing and sales platforms. Experience with Hubspot and Salesforce is highly desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong commitment to the principles of free enterprise
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to Cinda Pensabene at email@example.com:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position, relevant training and experience, and salary requirements
- 3 professional references with contact information for each
- Date available for work
Illinois Policy Institute is an independent organization generating public policy solutions aimed at promoting personal freedom and prosperity in Illinois. We believe Illinois should be a place where people of all talents, interests and cultural backgrounds can succeed with hard work and ingenuity. We want families to feel confident in planting their roots in Illinois soil. We want to live in a state where communities flourish and good opportunities abound.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.