The Illinois Policy Institute seeks a spring 2019 foundations intern to join its external relations team. Our team is responsible for the financial health and growth of the organization. This team member will have the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to our ambitious fundraising goals. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Identify and research prospective foundation supporters
- Update and maintain excellent foundation records
- Organize and compile grant packages
- Assist writing grant proposals and reports
- Implement our donor stewardship process
- Provide support to the external relations team in daily fundraising operations
- Personal commitment to individual liberty and economic freedom
- Ability to prioritize; exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with Salesforce or willingness to learn
- Strong writing skills preferred
- Interest in learning about nonprofit fundraising, grant writing and public policy
This position will be based out of our Chicago office.
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.