The Illinois Policy Institute is looking for an investor relations associate to join our external relations team.
The investor relations associate is responsible for growing the number of foundations contributing to the Illinois Policy Institute and our partner organizations. This individual will identify prospective foundations and then write compelling and persuasive grant proposals, reports, thank you letters and other donor materials. They will maintain a dynamic donor communications calendar to excite and inform foundation investors, and they will help keep teams on track with grant activities and outcomes. This individual will proactively work with the director of investor relations and the Institute’s external relations team to steward current foundation donors and secure new foundation supportors. The investor relations associate will also work alongside staff from partner organizations to help achieve their ambitious fundraising goals through grants.
The ideal candidate has one to four years of professional experience, preferably in nonprofit development, writing, communications or some other related field. The candidate must be entrepreneurial and self-accountable, with the ability to take ownership of projects and see them through from start to finish. The individual will also actively solicit input and feedback from others on their work. This candidate must possess the desire to work as part of a team to accomplish ambitious goals that require collaboration.
- 0-4 years of professional experience, preferably in similar or related fields of nonprofit development, writing or communications
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to transform complex policy ideas and strategies into easy-to-understand and compelling language for donor audiences
- Great communicator
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and follow through
- Experience with Salesforce and donor research tools preferred, but not required
- Firm belief in free market principles and the mission of the Illinois Policy Institute
This position is full time and based in our downtown Chicago office. Salary and overall compensation is competitive.
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to Cinda Pensabene at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position, the mission of the organization and your salary requirements
- Two writing samples demonstrating your best writing skills