About the Role
We are looking for an organized and detail-oriented professional to join our operations team.
As Operations and Facilities Specialist, you will provide the our team with critical backend support that empowers everyone to do their best work. You are a people person who is comfortable with being a representative of the organization, taking and making phone calls, managing and maintaining an office, and handling multiple projects. You are passionate about the work of we are doing and are committed to doing everything you can to help our team be successful.
- Manage various office management duties including, but not limited to, answering phone calls, greeting visitors, managing delivers, sorting mail, outgoing mail and packages, and handling facilities issues
- Regularly restock office supplies for Chicago and Springfield offices, kitchens, and conference rooms
- Place equipment and supply orders requested by department managers
- Maintain supplies inventories and organizational archives
- Assist with hosting guests at the Chicago office including coordinating logistics and ensuring they have a positive experience
- Facilitate technology and meeting space for large meetings, including staff meetings.
- Act as primary liaison with building management and contract service providers
- Represent the organization with integrity and respect, particularly when interacting with external individuals
- Plan and execute semi-annual staff training retreats and assist in other events planning as needed
- Assist Human Resources with employee onboardings and offboarding logistics
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to work and be present in our Chicago office during our Monday – Friday business hours (8:30am – 5:00pm)
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an office management role, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with third-party vendors and clients
- Event and/or project management experience preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Proactive, but flexible and adaptable, mindset
- A dependable and friendly demeanor
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health (company-paid medical), flexible vacation, and sick days. Flexible work environment and schedule.
The Operations and Facilities Specialist will work from our Chicago, IL office
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials to Cinda Pensabene (email@example.com)
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position.
- A compelling case about why IPI’s mission resonates with you.
- Your salary requirements.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.