Operations and Office Associate
Illinois Policy Institute | Illinois Policy
- Manage various office management duties including, but not limited to, answering phone calls, greeting visitors, managing deliveries, sorting mail, and handling facilities issues
- Regularly restock office supplies for Chicago and Springfield offices, kitchens, and conference rooms
- Place equipment and supply orders requested by department managers
- Maintain supplies inventories and Institute archives
- Act as primary liaison with building management and contract service providers
- Assist with Chicago-based new hire onboarding duties
- Represent the Institute with integrity and respect, particularly when interacting with external individuals
- Assist with special projects as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to work and be present in our Chicago office during our Monday – Friday business hours (8:30am – 5:00pm)
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an office management role, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with third-party vendors and clients
- Event and/or project management experience preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Proactive, but flexible and adaptable, mindset
- A dependable and friendly demeanor
A nonpartisan, nonprofit research organization, the Illinois Policy Institute’s mission is to transform liberty principles into marketable policies that become law. The Institute’s vision is for Illinois to be a beacon of prosperity that will shine across the Midwest and the nation. To achieve these goals, the Institute generates practical policy solutions to unleash Illinois’ talent and entrepreneurial ability.
Success at the Illinois Policy Institute requires more than professional ambition or a particular skill set. It requires sophisticated emotional intelligence and the ability to operate within a culture of mutual support and high expectations. Here are some of the primary beliefs we live out in our work:
- We are motivated by personal pride more so than recognition, remuneration, titles or other rewards. All of these are good, but they are not the most important motivator.
- We are self-accountable. We are honest about our strengths, weaknesses and actual performance.
- We are curious. This fuels our innovation, creativity and service to others.
- We are tolerant of others’ personality quirks and idiosyncrasies. We all have them.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the work Illinois Policy Institute is doing to improve the lives of Illinoisans and excited to advance the organization’s work through providing critical operational support to teams and by being a representative of the organization.
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health (company-paid medical), vacation and sick days. Flexible work environment and schedule.
The Operations and Facilities Associate will work from our Chicago office.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials to Cinda Pensabene (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position.
- A compelling case about why the mission of Illinois Policy resonates with you.
- Your salary requirements.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.