Illinois Policy Institute is seeking a Policy Analyst for Budget and Tax Research with outstanding research and communication skills to join our team of policy researchers.
For information about IPI, visit http://www.illinoispolicy.org.
The Policy Analyst for Budget and Tax Research Will:
- Conduct research into Illinois state and local fiscal issues
- Source and analyze data regarding fiscal issues
- Write articles for publication on Illinois Policy’s website
- Work with the Director of Fiscal and Economic Research and the communications team to develop and execute research and content strategies that help the organization achieve its policy and legislative goals
- Assist with fact checking fiscal policy content for accuracy and consistency
- Draft supporting materials such as policy fact sheets and handouts
- Work with policy and government affairs teams to develop bill ideas and supporting materials for legislative agenda, and to advance bills through testimony or meetings with lawmakers
- Explain and advocate for IPI’s ideas in media as needed, and appear in IPI videos and podcasts to discuss and explain fiscal issues
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in economics, political science, finance, accounting, or similar field, with course work or experience with statistics, accounting or social science research methods
- Work experience in government agency or other organization dealing with state and local government budget and tax issues or graduate studies in field relevant to budget and tax policy analysis and research
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the free-market policies and mission of the Illinois Policy Institute
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, including Word and Excel, with knowledge of Excel functions commonly used for statistical analysis
Range of $45,000 to $65,000 base salary, commensurate with experience. Performance-based annual bonus on top of base salary. Compensation package includes health (medical and dental plans with employer-paid share), 401(k), flexible spending benefits, and vacation and sick days.
The Policy Analyst for Budget and Tax Research will work in our Chicago office. Illinois Policy Institute has a hybrid work policy where employees can work from home up to three days each week.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position
- Why the mission of Illinois Policy Institute resonates with you
- Your salary requirements
- Writing sample
Applications should be submitted to Cinda Pensabene at email@example.com.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.