Illinois Policy Institute is seeking a policy analyst with outstanding research and communication skills to join our team of policy researchers.
For information about IPI, visit http://www.illinoispolicy.org.
The Policy Analyst will:
- Gather and analyze data to aid the policy team in research projects
- Fact check work of director of budget and tax policy, chief economist, research analyst and other policy and research team members for accuracy and consistency
- Conduct research into policy issues such as state and local budget matters and tax policy
- Write articles for publication on Illinois Policy’s website
- Draft supporting materials such as policy fact sheets and handouts
- Research policy issues for development of legislative agenda
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, finance or similar field, and have some course work or experience with statistics, accounting or social science research methods
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the free market policies and mission of the Illinois Policy Institute
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, including Word and Excel, with knowledge of or ability to quickly learn Excel functions commonly used for statistical analysis
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health (company-paid medical), vacation and sick days.
The policy analyst will work from our Chicago office.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position
- Why the mission of Illinois Policy Institute resonates with you
- Your salary requirements.
- Writing sample
Materials should be emailed to Cinda Pensabene at email@example.com. The position will remain open until a candidate is selected.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.