The Illinois Policy Institute is seeking a person to help us expose analyze the policies holding Illinois back and to craft the solutions that will bring more liberty, opportunity and prosperity to Illinoisans across the state.
For 8-12 weeks, you’ll work in our Chicago office with our policy experts as a member of our team.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Conduct research for articles related to Illinois’ jobs climate, state and local taxes and budgets, ethics and transparency in government, labor issues, and more
- Source and analyze data related to policy issues
- Write blog posts about policies affecting Illinoisans
- File Freedom of Information Act requests to uncover government data not available to the general public
- Fact-check research by Institute policy experts
Qualified applicants will:
- Have or be working toward a bachelor’s degree with a focus on government, economics, econometrics, statistics or mathematics, computer science, or data science/engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Have excellent data analysis and writing skills, proficiency in Excel, attention to detail, the ability to work as part of a team, and a positive attitude
Exposure to data analysis software R/SAS/STATA is a plus.
To apply: Submit a résumé, cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position and in working for the Illinois Policy Institute, and two writing samples to Joe Tabor at Jtabor@illinoispolicy.org