Illinois Policy Institute is seeking a research analyst or paralegal with outstanding organizational and communication skills to join our team of policy and legal researchers. Initial responsibilities will include overseeing contact with Illinois residents seeking information about their rights under Illinois and federal law.
For information about IPI, visit http://www.illinoispolicy.org.
The Research Analyst/Paralegal will:
- Communicate with Illinois residents seeking assistance in understanding legal rights
- Gather and analyze articles, legal documents and other data to aid the policy team in research projects
- Organize and maintain research databases and tracking systems
- Organize and file documents in electronic form
- Develop infrastructure to send, track the status of and store replies to Freedom of Information Act requests
- Assist as needed with other IPI projects
- Participate in related IPI meetings
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years of experience in legal or research fields
- Bachelor’s degree in political science or pre-law preferred
- Project management or paralegal experience a plus
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the free market policies and mission of Illinois Policy Institute
- Basic knowledge of the legal/political landscape in Illinois
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including Word and Excel
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health (company-paid medical), vacation and sick days.
The research analyst/paralegal will work from either our Chicago office or our Springfield, IL office.
Who should apply?
If you are interested in this role, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you believe that a free market economic system is the best way to help the poor and disadvantaged and to make Illinois a beacon of prosperity that shines across the nation?
- Are you tenacious in achieving your goals and promoting your values?
- Do you believe it is government’s role to protect liberty, rather than take away one person’s liberty so as to benefit another?
- Is personal pride your No. 1 motivator?
- Does your natural curiosity drive you to learn and improve?
If you answered yes to these questions and are looking for an opportunity to make a lasting impact on the future of Illinois, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position
- Why the mission of Illinois Policy Institute resonates with you
- Your salary requirements.
Materials should be emailed to Cinda Pensabene at email@example.com. The position will remain open until a candidate is selected.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.