The Illinois Policy Institute is seeking a team member to help promote original research from the state’s strongest taxpayer advocate. Approximate start date January – February based on the needs of the intern and the Institute.
Goal: The communications intern supports the Illinois Policy Institute media team in its mission to foster and maintain a positive brand image with media stakeholders.
Job duties will include:
- Writing press releases on new policy research
- Pitching and corresponding with media
- Updating or creating talking points
- Writing media recap reports
- Assisting with media metrics and reports
- Collaborating with the team in problem-solving and strategic discussions
Qualified applicants will:
- Be interested in news media or enjoy following along with the media cycle
- Have excellent writing and editing skills, and/or excellent video editing skills.
- Hold or working to obtain a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, media studies or similar.
- Serve as a pro-active thinker, engaged team member and be willing to learn quickly and on the go.
To apply: Submit a résumé, cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position and in working for the Illinois Policy Institute, and any writing samples to Bobby Fortune at email@example.com