Political leaders in Springfield already are planning to pull the wool over voters’ eyes by campaigning against tax increases this fall and then quickly turning around, when the electoral pressure is off, and voting for a big increase. Some are even brashly predicting this trickery will work.
“We’re going to pass a tax increase in January.
We expect it is going to be substantial.”
-David Vaught, Illinois Budget Director
Reported in Bloomberg News
, July 28, 2010
We can put this scam to bed now. Stand with us for honest, accountable government that says “no” to a tax increase.
Download the Illinois Honest Taxation pledge here and ask your legislator to sign it!
Mail the Illinois Honest Taxation Pledge to:
Illinois Policy Institute
190 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 1630
Chicago, IL 60603
Bookmark this page and check back to see which legislators sign the Illinois Honest Taxation Pledge.
Signers of the Honest Taxation Pledge:
- Representative Darlene Senger, 96th District
- Representative Dave Winters, 68th District
- Senator Kyle McCarter, 51st District
- Representative Jack Franks, 63rd District
- Representative Jil Tracy, 93rd District
- Representative Ron Stephens, 102nd District
- Senator Matt Murphy, 27th District
- Representative Timothy Schmitz, 49th District
- Senator Gary Dahl, 38th District
- Senator Dan Duffy, 26th District
- Representative JoAnn Osmond, 61st District
- Representative Ed Sullivan, 51st District
- Representative Jim Sacia, 89th District
- Representative Randy Ramey, 55th District
- Senator Dave Syverson, 34th District
- Senator Tim Bivins, 45th District
- Representative Renee Kosel, 81st District
- Senator John Millner, 28th District
- Representative Michael Connelly, 48th District
- Representative Sandra Pihos, 42nd District
- Representative Kay Hatcher, 50th District
- Senator Dale Righter, 55th District