The Illinois Policy Institute is seeking a person to help us restore Illinois’ place in the nation as a beacon of prosperity that shines across the Midwest. Approximate start date is between May – June 2024 based on the needs of the intern and the Institute.
During your internship with the external relations team, you’ll work in our Chicago office and become familiar with all aspects of fundraising.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Research and identify potential funding partners.
- Process and post incoming gifts
- Assist with donor events
- Organize and compile grant packages
- Assist external relations officers with correspondence
- Collaborate with the team in problem solving and strategy discussions.
Qualified applicants will:
- Have or be working toward a bachelor’s degree with a focus on public policy, business administration, marketing or other related fields.
- Have excellent data analysis and writing skills, proficiency in Excel, attention to detail, the ability to work as part of a team, and a positive attitude
- Believe firmly in the principles of the free market.
Awareness of customer relationship management tools like SalesForce is a plus.