Location: Chicago, Illinois
Illinois Policy Institute is seeking a Policy Researcher with outstanding organizational and communication skills to join our team of policy and legal researchers. Responsibilities will include providing research and other support for policy team projects on issues like budget/tax, labor, education, poverty, and crime.
For information about IPI, visit http://www.illinoispolicy.org.
- Fact check research and other policy team work
- Gather and analyze articles, legal documents and other data to aid the policy team in research projects
- Draft research memos, blog posts or other policy-related content
- Organize and maintain research databases and tracking systems
- Organize and file documents in electronic form
- Send, track the status of and store replies to Freedom of Information Act requests
- Assist with other IPI projects as requested by the Head of Policy
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, economics, public policy or similar field/concentration
- Demonstrated research and organizational skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the free market policies and mission of Illinois Policy Institute
- Basic knowledge of the governmental / policy landscape in Illinois
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including Word and Excel
Range of $40,000 to $55,000 base salary, commensurate with experience. Performance-based annual bonus on top of base salary. Compensation package includes health (medical and dental plans with employer-paid share), 401(k), flexible spending benefits, and vacation and sick days.
The Policy Researcher will work in our Chicago office. Illinois Policy Institute has a hybrid work policy where employees can work from home up to three days each week.
Applications should be submitted to Cinda Pensabene at email@example.com.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.